Motivation: Unite the South against an invasion from the Underworld
Essence 5, Twilight Caste delzhan city alchemist whose opposes the evil plans of the broken and twisted deathknight Meticulous Owl. Your first encounter with Owl ended with you badly beaten, revealed as an Anathema to the Realm garrison in Chiaroscuro, blew up your alchemists stall and a chunk of the foreign quarter. Before he left you to the mercy of the Realm, Owl revealed that he was heading west over the mountains to a river kingdom to make ready for an invasion by legions of his master, the First and Forsaken Lion. Meticulous Owl swore that nothing would stand in his way, you suspect he said it just to goad you. So you’ve decided to travel west for a rematch, taking your wives along for the ride. Your journey through the Fire Peak mountains was made simple by your ability to teleport 150 miles in a day and it was thanks to one such teleport that you found the ancient House of the Seven Storms, an air manse dedicated to the Council of Winds. There you discovered a library containing several Terrestrial Circle spells that you hope to master, and an orichalcum mask with an articulated jaw plate that belonged to the Stormbringer, a Shogunate era weather witch. You decided to leave your wives Fire Pearl, and Desert Orchid under the protection of the House of Storms, promising to return for them once you have acquired a proper home in the river kingdom however you took your first wife Swift Camel (who isn’t as pampered as the other wives as she was raised among the delzahn nomads) as a bodyguard. Its been a month since you drew the Second Breath, fought Meticulous Owl, and left Chiaroscuro.
- Virtues: Compassion 5, Conviction 3, Temperance 3, and Valor 3
- Virtue Flaw: Painful Isolation. Limit Reduced to 5
The character is convinced his presence only causes others suffering, and it pains him. When the character limit breaks, he will attempt to avoid any contact with people, fearing he might hinder or pain another if he does. If the character has a place to call his own he will retreat to it and isolate himself from society, if there is no such place nearby the character will pack his stuff and leave any form of society. He will not even eat or drink when he thinks there may be others nearby who might need the food or water.
- Personal Essence 23m
- Peripheral Essence 42/73m because 30m are committed to Third Hand Orb (see below), and 1m is committed to the orichalcum mask that holds the orb
- Willpower 8
Backgrounds: Allies (two Air Elementals who nominally serve the Council of Winds who owe a debt to the previous incarnation of Resplendent Scorpion) 2, Artifact hearthstone mask with a single socket 1, Contacts (among the Delzhan, the Council of Winds, and the Court of the Orderly Flame) 3, Manse 5, Nemesis (Meticulous Owl) 1, Resources (as an alchemist) 2, and your wives (Desert Orchid, Fire Pearl and Swift Camel) count as a dot of followers.
- Hearthstone: Third Hand Orb: This smooth silver oval can store any sorcery spell within it, so that its bearer can later release it. To use this stone, the bearer must ritually attune it to a spell she knows. This takes as many hours as the base Essence cost of the spell, without interruptions. At the end of this ritual, she casts the spell into the hearthstone. He may then release this spell as a reflexive action at any time, as if cast by the wearer. The spell stored inside the Third Hand Orb is lost if the stone is ever caught within the radius of a Countermagic spell sufficient to dispel the spell inside. Essence committed to casting the spell is committed until the spell is released. 30m committed to Incomparable Body Arsenal.
The House of the Seven Storms located (800 miles away from Salt-Founded Glory) in the Fire Peaks, between An-Teng and the Lap.
- Air Dragons Will: The House can call up lightning storms to defend itself
- Ability Enlightenment: The House can use the following abilities (Linguistics, Lore, Occult and Performance) at 4
- Mela’s Sweet Whispers: The House obeys voice commands and is capable of speech
- Sorcerous Library containing knowledge of the following spells: Air Dragon’s Claw, Calling the Wind’s Kiss, Cirrus Skiff, Empathic Wind, Summon Elemental, and Thunder Wolf’s Howl
- Graceful Crane Stance
- Flawless Diagnosis Technique
- Reed in the Wind
- Reflex Sidestep Technique
- Respect Commanding Attitude
- Spirit-Detecting Glance
- Spirit-Cutting Attack
- Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
- Celestial Circle Sorcery
- Incomparable Body Arsenal
- Travel Without Distance (25m, 50 mile teleport spell to anywhere in ranged that you’ve seen)
Attributes: Dexterity 3, Stamina 4, Strength 5, Appearance 2, Charisma 3, Manipulation 1, Intelligence 3, Perception 3, and Wits 1
Abilities: Athletics 1, Bureaucracy 2, Brawl 4, Craft (water) 2, Dodge 4, Melee 1, Linguistics 1, Lore 3, Medicine 2, Occult 4, Performance 2, Resistance 5, and Ride 1
Languages: Flametongue (delzhani dialect), and Old Realm
Specialties: +3 die brawl specialty of With My Incomparable Body Arsenal, and +2 die occult specialty of Alchemy.
Alchemical Formula (Alchemy 2 x Lore 3 = 6 procedures): Blood-Staunching Compress, Common Smoke Bomb, Deodorant, Distill Orichalcum, Hero’s Recovery, and Maiden’s Tea.
Equipment: Delzhani robes, five smoke bombs, flame piece with a single reload, a scimitar, two water skins, a bottle of hero’s recovery powder, three blood staunching compresses, and three blocks of scented deodorant.
Flaws: Great Curse 5, Known Anathema 7
Ox-Body Technique x5
- Health Levels: -0/-0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Incomparable Body Arsenal provides hardness 10, Soak 14B/12L, -5 penalty to swim and whatever simple mechanical weapons Resplendent Scorpion can imagine sprout from his rust streaked iron body. His strength and stamina increase by 2 and for the next five hours he deals 15L damage with a clinch, and can make brawl attacks at range of 5 yards, all such attacks have accuracy dice pool of 14 and deal 13L damage. All carried possessions are sent Elsewhere for the duration.