Motivation: Restore the rightful rule of the High Queen over the Three Princes and depose Ragnara Soras Jor, the Realm’s Satrap.
Essence 3, Eclipse Caste daughter of Prince Josei of the High Lands (who is known as Notable Genius to his family and subjects). Midnight Pearl exalted after arranging safe passage for her and her followers through the recently established Beryl Court territory after being ambushed by the Beryl Court Fae one night while on the road. She has kept her Exaltation a secret, due to fears of the Wyld Hunt, but if became known to her father, Notable Genius, she would finally have leave to call her father by his given name instead of his title as is customary in An-Teng. Only the five bodyguards with her on the night of the attack know that she is a Solar Anathema, however as they are worshipers of the Golden Lord and she did save their lives that night, it was a simple matter to swear them to secrecy. Since her mother’s death, Midnight Pearl has taken over the duties of running the household and is greatly admired by many for her quiet demeanor and ability to keep the peace. Her father is growing increasingly concerned with a military outpost in the mountains that surges with soldiers flying the banner of the First and Forsaken Lion.
- Virtues: Compassion 2, Conviction 2, Temperance 3, and Valor 2
- Virtue Flaw: Dramatic Hysteria. Her Limit Break condition is to face contradictory obligations, such as between her family, her official duties, the need for deceit and her desire to reveal the truth of her Exaltation to her father. A Limit Break results in a loud emotional collapse; otherwise, this flaw resembles Overindulgence.
- Personal Essence 15
- Peripheral Essence 43
- Willpower 5
Backgrounds: Artifact Hearthstone Amulet 1, Backing of the High Prince 2, Contacts with Duke Anedys of the Citrine Court 1, Enamored with a Eshu Ally of the Beryl Court 1, Followers 1, Influence 1, Manse 4 and Resources 3
- Hearthstone: Bright Eye of the Fire Dragon: This octahedral ruby holds a fleck of iridescent black in its heart. Its bearer can see through any fire within (Essence) miles as if she were standing at the fire’s location. The bearer also automatically knows the approximate distance and location of any fire within range. The bearer’s player rolls (Perception + Awareness) to find how clearly the character can see through the fire through which she wishes to look. The bearer can watch her enemies through their campfire or look down upon a battlefield by firing a burning arrow into the sky. The hearthstone’s owner can look through both magical and supernatural fires or even the bodies of fire elementals.
- Excellent Emissary’s Tongue (3m commitment per language learned)
- Harmonious Presence Meditation
- Integrity-Protecting Prana
- Invincible Essence Reinforcement custom charm (provides Soak 7/Hardness 7)
- Iron Arm Block (3m, reflexive dexterity + martial arts parry vs. lethal damage)
- Leaping Mantis Technique (3m, reflexive +5 yard jump and +5 to initiative if you jump toward a foe before initiative is rolled)
- Mantis Form (6m, +5 initiative, +5 soak, lethal martial arts attacks and a cascading parry)
- Mastery of Small Manners
- Rose-Lipped Seduction Style (1m doubles presence ability for seduction against one target)
- Welcome Guest Method (3m provides 3 automatic successes on Socialize rolls for the scene)
- Hundred Hands Style (8m and 4 gossamer)
- Millipede Mind (16m and 8 gossamer)
- Grace of the Infinite Revolving Spheres (cost 20m, 2w, 8 gossamer and lasts one season)
Grace of the Infinite Revolving Spheres allows Midnight Pearl to take five actions each round for three months at no multiple action penalty although further actions are at full penalties.
Attributes: Dexterity 5, Stamina 4, Strength 2, Appearance 3, Charisma 3, Manipulation 2, Intelligence 3, Perception 2, Wits 3
Abilities: Archery 1, Athletics 1, Awareness 1, Bureaucracy 4, Dodge 2, Linguistics 3, Lore 1, Martial Arts 5, Presence 4, Resistance 3, and Socialize 3
Favored Abilities in Bold
Languages: Flametongue, Low Realm, High Realm, and Tengese
Specialties: +1 die bureaucracy specialty of Paperwork, +2 die martial arts specialty of Mantis Style, and a +1 die socialize specialty of With Fair Folk
Ox-Body Technique x3
- Health Levels: -0/-0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Soak 7B/7L, 12B/12L with Mantis Form, and Hardness of 7
Equipment: Ten gifts from the Beryl Court including a bell, Fae Court finery, and ornate jewelry worth 10 gossamer, she also owns a bear pelt buff jacket, several pairs of boots, a chopping sword, a horse and a personal slave.
Note: Princess Midnight Pearl has secretly arranged for the High Land Fair Folk to defend her fathers territory for one night each year when a gossamer bell is rung. The Fair Folk have agreed to ride into the High Lands attacking or kidnapping anyone outside Jade Plum Citadel not wearing a mask bearing her caste mark until the Sun rises the next morning, and she has sanctified their oath with her caste’s anima power.
This character was built using the methods detailed for the campaign.