Motivation: Kill the Anathema before they can corrupt and destroy all of Creation!
Essence 3, Chosen of Endings Bronze Faction Assassin
- Virtues: Compassion 2, Conviction 2, Temperance 2, and Valor 3
- Personal 11
- Peripheral 19/32 as 3m committed to the Essence Cannon, 10m committed to the his custom built Armor of the Unseen Assassin
- Willpower 5
Backgrounds: Artifact (Armor of the Unseen Assassin) 5, Artifact (Small Essence Cannon) 2, Connections (Immaculate Order) 2, and Salary 2
- Avoidance Kata (2m/reflexive/the sidereal teleports away to a random spot, was never here in the first place, and reality soon over writes the whole incident. Avoidance Kata is limited to the first 2 rounds of combat so Bitter Crow should try to use it at the end of the second round of combat before his target smashes him like a bug)
- Life Gets Worse Approach (3m/supp/embeds thrown item and allows 2m reflexive reroll of missed thrown attacks against same target)
- Shadow Over Water (2m/reflexive full dodge = 9d)
- Shadow Piercing Needle (5m/simple/creates magic needles that cannot be parried, ignore armor, and can only be soaked with Conviction but deal bashing damage)
- Shield of Destiny (5m +1w/reflexive/activate this Charm after damage for a successful attack is rolled, but before it is applied. The player rolls (Dexterity + Resistance). For every two successes this roll garners—up to a maximum equal to the levels of damage the attack actually infl icted—the player subtracts one health level from the damage the Sidereal should take and inflicts it instead on his attacker or one of his attacker’s present allies).
Combo: Thrown die adder + target number reducer + Life Gets Worse Approach + Shadow Piercing needle (18m + 1w, +5d of thrown, target number = 2, ignores armor, cannot be parried, and can only be soaked with conviction (15d accuracy, +8B) and as long as it dealt 1 HL can afterward use 2m reflexive reroll of any missed archery or thrown attack. Also causes a burning halo of purple light to sheath the character and give away his position for the rest of the scene and for only 1m adds one level of damage to all attacks made by the character and all his allies with 30 yards.
Small over the shoulder Concussive Essence Cannon: 10d accuracy, 15B halves armor soak, rate 1 and range 75 The Cannon uses 5m per shot and requires a 3m commitment. Anything struck must make a reflexive [(Dexterity or Stamina) + Athletics] roll at difficulty 3 for any roughly human-sized character struck by a blast from a concussive Essence cannon. Failure means she is blasted 2 yards back and falls prone. Increase this difficulty to 5 for beings notably smaller than humans, and decrease it to 1 for horse-sized beings. (Larger creatures are too massive to be blasted back.) Bitter Crow will likely only be able to afford one shot from the cannon before needing to retreat.
Attributes: Dexterity 4, Stamina 3, Strength 5 (7), Appearance 3, Charisma 1, Manipulation 3, Perception 3, Intelligence 3, and Wits 3
Archery 4, Awareness 4 (6 + Essence Sight), Bureaucracy 2, Dodge 3, Linguistics (Old Realm) 1, Lore 3, Martial Arts 3, Occult 2, Resistance 3, Socialize 1, Stealth 2 (6 while cloaked) and Thrown 4
+1 die archery specialty of First Age Light Artillery, +3 die thrown specialty of Needles and +2 die dodge specialty of against Solars
Soak 9L/15B and hardness of 4 in the Armor of the Unseen Assassin
- Cloaking Device/Adaptive Camouflage: Difficulty 4 to notice while moving, Difficulty 8 to notice while stationary. Even if spotted as a faint blur, the character is still considered invisible, imposing a -2 external penalty to all attacks against her.
- Destiny Interdiction Field: negates his resplendent destiny and arcane fate
- Exomuscular Fibers: Doubles wearer’s ground speed; +2 bonus to Strength for feats of strength and inflicting damage with attacks.
- Sensory Augmentation Visor: +2 bonus to Awareness; provides constant Essence sight.
- Health Levels (10): -0/-0/-0/-0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Note: This character is built to be a fairly flimsy NPC antagonist with a magitech bazooka and invisibility armor in an attempt to provide an action packed opening to the campaign. The character has many unselected and unspent backgrounds, charms, and bonus points because in all likelihood the PCs will kill him in a round before he can escape. If he does escape he might show up later as an ally of convenience